It’s been so hard for me to not be able to bake in Paris, and I honestly miss it everyday. Luckily I’m in Paris so there are a million baked goods to buy that are far better than anything I could make myself.
A month ago I bought a convection on Amazon and had it shipped here, which basically cost a small fortune. I’m an idiot and didn’t realize that the voltage in France is very different. It blew out the electricity and our heat as soon as I turned it on, and it promptly broke on the spot. So not only have I not been able to bake but we have also been without heat for three weeks. Our landlord really likes us…. psych.
Since I don’t want to buy yet another convection oven I think I’m going to stick to no-bake desserts. Get ready for a lot of versions of fudge because that’s the best no bake dessert ever.
- 9 oz. white chocolate
- 9 oz. milk chocolate
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (about 20 cookies) Oreos, crushed
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides. Set aside.
- On a double boiler, melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and salt.
- Remove from heat and add cookies.
- Pour in prepared pan and chill for 2 hours. Remove from pan. Cut into squares.